HLA 2000 Snow Plow Features
- Lateral Float
- 24″ Mouldboard Profile
- Replaceable, Reversible Cutting Edge
- Adjustable High Tensile AR400 Skid Shoes
- Spring Trip Mouldboard
- 35° Single Cylinder Hydraulic Angling (No hoses or fittings included)
- Crossover Relief Valve Protection
- Cutting Edge: steel, rubber, or UHMW. UHMW comes as two 48″ pieces ready for you to drill out and add your own hardware.
- Color: JDQA comes in Green, SSQA comes in Black. For another color, please email me.
- Max Operating Weight: 5,000 lbs
HLA 2000 SNOW PLOW – TYPES OF CUTTING EDGE
UHMW*: (sometimes called poly or plastic) is best summed up by saying “it cuts like steel, but protects like rubber.” Great wear properties, cuts well through packed snow, very quiet, protective of paved/concrete surfaces. Lasts nearly as long as steel.
Rubber: Protective of paved/concrete surfaces, very quiet, doesn’t cut packed snow at all, shortest life span.
Steel: Wears very well, cuts packed snow very well, but is hard on paved/concrete surfaces, leaves rust stains, and is loud. Great for gravel, stone, and other unpaved surfaces.
*NOTE: UHMW edges are cut to length, ready for you to drill out and add your own hardware.
UHMW Installation is easy! This material cuts similar to wood, so the same tools can be used. Use the existing holes on the pusher components as your template. Then, drill out with a multipurpose drill bit matching the hole diameter. For backdrags and main edges, use 1/2″ x 3″ bolts with washers and lock nuts. No backer bars required.